The Flintshire Community Endowment Fund aims to support a number of initiatives:
• Projects that support the educational development of school aged children and young people
• Projects that support the educational development of children in the early years
• School based projects that support health matters and healthy living
• Educational attainment projects including lifelong learning
• Education inclusion projects with support for individual students in the form of bursaries, travel assistance, sport, prizes for attainment and educational materials or other resources
Who can apply
• Students up to and including the age of 25 years who are currently resident in the Local Authority area of Flintshire, provided that the initiatives do not fall within statutory provision.
• Groups and organisations in the Local Authority area of Flintshire running projects which fall outside statutory provision (e.g. after school clubs, breakfast clubs, gardening projects etc).
Preference will be given to applicants who best show how they meet the Fund’s objectives and priorities, and who have not previously received support from this Fund.
• Individuals and organisations can apply for grants of up to £750
• Grants will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions
• Projects that fall within statutory sector responsibility eg. Anything that falls within the school curriculum will not be supported
• Applicants (particularly individual applicants) must be able to demonstrate the financial and social need the grant will address
• Grants will not be awarded towards costs where financial support is otherwise available e.g. tuition fees where the applicant is eligible for a student loan
How to apply
All applicants must complete an application form which can be downloaded from the Foundation’s website www.cfiw.org.uk. Alternatively you can contact the Foundation on 02920 379580 or email mai[email protected] to have an application pack sent out to you.
The deadline for the next round: January 31st 2015