The Hawarden & District Relief in Need Charity will provide support to the following themes:
• Groups and organisations supporting vulnerable people
• Individuals with limited resources
• Individuals in crisis
Who can apply
• Groups and organisations working with people who reside in the ancient parish of Hawarden ie. the predominant beneficiaries must by from the parish.
• Individuals living in the ancient parish of Hawarden
Please note: The ancient parish of Hawarden consists of the following modern wards - Aston, Broughton East, Broughton West, Buckley Pentrobin, Ewloe, Hawarden, Mancot, Saltney Mold Junction, Saltney Stonebridge, Sealand, Shotton East, Shotton Higher, Shotton West.
• Individuals and organisations can apply for grants of up to £750
• Examples of what can be funded include:
o Equipment and activities for Hawarden-based community groups/charities working with vulnerable people in need
o Purchase of critical household items eg white goods, bedding, carpets etc
o Items essential to alleviating the suffering of food and fuel poverty (e.g. food parcels, blankets, hot water bottles, thermals, boiler repairs)
o Essential repairs and/or redecoration
o Luncheon clubs, food co-ops, activities that promote community cohesion, reduce isolation and alleviate poverty
• There will be one grants round each year, please refer to the Foundation’s website for news and dates
• Grants will NOT be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions
• Applicants must be able to demonstrate the financial/social need the grant will address
• Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received support from this Fund
How to apply
Please note, there are different application forms for individuals and for groups.