The Pears Fund is a pilot grant-making programme building on the Pears Foundation’s priorities to foster respect and understanding between people of different backgrounds. The Pears Fund is dedicated to bringing different communities within Cardiff together; communities of faith, ethnicity, and neighbourhood, and of different backgrounds and interests. The Fund aims to award between 15 and 30 grants to projects that support community cohesion, bring communities together, and/or develop inter-faith understanding.
Who can apply
Applications are welcome for projects addressing the aims of the programme in Cardiff:-
- Small or large, new or existing, local or national organisations
- community organisations and clubs
- faith organisations
- inter-faith networks and projects
- charities and neighbourhood associations
- schools and networks
- Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000.
- Funding can be used to continue, replicate or expand existing projects and activities or create, pilot or manage new initiatives
- Applications should either support; community cohesion, bringing communities together developing inter-faith understanding and/or will encourage respect and understanding between people from different backgrounds.
- Grants are available for project costs and should include an element of activity and/or events related to this specific programme and cannot be used solely to support the core costs of the organisation.
- The project should be able to start immediately funding is granted (November 2015) and be able to report on the outcomes of funding within 6 months.
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions.
- Applicants must be available to attend a community grant-making event on Monday, 09 November 2015 on Monday 9th November 2015 at the Temple of Peace, in Cardiff, between 5pm - 9pm.
This programme is now CLOSED !