In Wales, retailers are required to charge customers 5p for a single-use carrier bag. ASDA has decided to use this money to support good causes that benefit the local community in areas where its stores are located.*
This fund will support projects and good causes that matter most to its customers:
- Children and Young People
- Older People
- Community Cohesion
The awards can help meet a wide range of costs for community groups, including equipment, materials and even local community activities and events
Who can apply
- Not for profit organisations
(for example a Registered Charity, Charitable Incorporated Organisation, Unincorporated Club or Association and Community Interest Company)
- £2,000 for good causes and charities in your local area
- Awards will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the award offer letter and signed terms and conditions.
- The work can not benefit a single user;
- the award must not be used solely to fund staff salaries
- Successful organisations must be willing to be contacted by ASDA for further publicity and updates.
The deadline is 30th September 2015 at 5pm
To apply in English please click the link to fill out the online application: CLICK HERE
Remember to always read the criteria in full before applying to any grant scheme to make sure your organisation and project is eligible. You can also speak to the Community Life Champion at your local ASDA store and they can help you with your application.