Education Foundation for John Vaughan
Educating & Young People | Dyfed
The Educational Foundation of John Vaughan was established for those resident in the parish of Llangynog, Carmarthenshire
- To encourage, support and promote non-statutory educational attainment and lifelong learning, including early years,
- To encourage, support and promote spiritual wellbeing and improve the lives of people with limited resources
WHO CAN APPLY
- Parents and/or carers of children and young people up to and including the age of 18 years or older individuals who are currently full time residents of the parish of Llangynog in Carmarthenshire, to enable them to develop their education and learning, provided that the initiative does not fall within statutory provision.
- Charities, not for profit groups and organisations in the parish For example: uniformed groups, projects organised by churches and/or using the facilities of faith-based organisations, and community projects eg. luncheon clubs for older people, youth clubs, parent & toddler groups. etc.
- Grants for individuals of up to £500
- Charities, not for profit groups and organisations can apply for grants of up to £1,000
Preference will be given to applicants who best show how they meet the Fund’s objectives and priorities, and who have not previously received support from this Fund.
- Grants will not be awarded retrospectively i.e. for costs already incurred prior to receipt of the grant offer letter and signed terms and conditions.
- Projects that fall within statutory sector responsibility eg. anything that falls within the school curriculum will not be supported
- Applicants (particularly individual applicants) must be able to demonstrate the financial and social need the grant will address
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals towards costs where financial support is otherwise available e.g. tuition fees where the applicant is eligible for a student loan
This fund is currently CLOSED
Alternatively you can contact the Foundation on 02920 379 580 or email [email protected] to have an application pack sent out to you.